• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

New to PBC---on a lighter note :)

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Hi---new to PBC and I was logged in to the student section yesterday on the ICD -9 tab--and there was a section camparing M&M's to icd 9 codes---my 8 year old looks over my should and said---OHHH cool you are learning about M&M's ---today I was logged in to the replay club section and viewing the video about I tunes downloading ---now my 8 years old says---cool mom...now your learning about music....:) :)

just wanted to share :)

~Rosetta :))

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi---new to PBC and I was logged in to the student section yesterday on the ICD -9 tab--and there was a section camparing M&M's to icd 9 codes---my 8 year old looks over my should and said---OHHH cool you are learning about M&M's ---today I was logged in to the replay club section and viewing the video about I tunes downloading ---now my 8 years old says---cool mom...now your learning about music....:) :)

I don't even like chocolate but you and Laureen have me wanting M&M's right now! Also wanted to tell you I like your picture Rosetta. Thank you for sharing.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I love chocolate, so the last time I went to the grocery store, I bought a bag of Hershey's Kisses:D . That killed the chocolate attack for awhile:).

Kim Hazelwood

Getting a career going later in life is tough.
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member

love dark choc only (in mass quantities if i COULD!) but aside from all that, stupid questions: where/what is/are the PBCs? thanks.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
love dark choc only (in mass quantities if i COULD!) but aside from all that, stupid questions: where/what is/are the PBCs? thanks.
Hi Kim! Welcome!!!
Let me see if I can help here.
PBC stands for Physician Based Coding; and Rosetta was using the acronym to refer to the name of the program/courses she is taking.
I read on your avatar that "Getting a career going later in life is tough" - yes that's true. I made my living for 30 years as a residential and light commercial contractor in Central Florida. The economy changed and I could not make a living doing what I knew anymore, so I had to find a new way to support myself and my family at 55. My transferable skills were in management, and I was offered an opportunity in Health Care. I feel very fortunate and am committed to learning all I can to be more valuable in my new career field.
I started the PBC course in August, sat for the CPC board exam three months later (November 2012), and thanks to what I learned in this wonderful program and a great study group I passed the first time! Was it easy? No. Was it worth it? Yes!
Please have confidence in yourself - it will get you through the tough part, especially when as you say you are "getting a career going later in life".
Happy Coding!

Kim Hazelwood

Getting a career going later in life is tough.
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
Oh! Thanks Michelle. I am sill searching thru things and will get in it shortly. :) happy new year and happy weekend everyone!

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
I just register for the PBC course but havent really started. Congrats Michele !!!!-What was your study schedule like from AUG to Nov--I am still trying to figure out a schedule for myself because I do work full time and have 2 young children..This profession doesn't seem to descriminate against age and children---my PBC coach Alicia has 6 children------these days that is AWESOMEEE!...btw I'm going to be 43 this year :))

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I am a CPC-A and I am thinking about taking the PBC course for my CCS-P exam. After I take the PBC class, I plan on reviewing with Blitz videos.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I just register for the PBC course but havent really started. Congrats Michele !!!!-What was your study schedule like from AUG to Nov--I am still trying to figure out a schedule for myself because I do work full time and have 2 young children..This profession doesn't seem to descriminate against age and children---my PBC coach Alicia has 6 children------these days that is AWESOMEEE!...btw I'm going to be 43 this year :))
My schedule was intense - when I wasn't working or on a plane I was studying. I got up at 5 and studied until 7, started work at 7:30. As soon as I was off work I was back at the books. I even boarded my horses out because I knew the temptation would be too much of a distraction - if I could see them in my pasture and could walk out my back door and head to see them I would. Usually I start and end every day at the barn - not studying anatomy, medical terminology and coding! My husband wanted to take me to dinner at my favorite place for my birthday and I even put that off until after my exam. I told him I would have even more reason to celebrate once I finished my exam. I immersed myself for the short term because I knew there would be huge benefits for the long term. I have had a huge smile on my face ever since I found out I passed, it was so worth it!